Friday, June 17, 2011

Sarawak Vs Terengganu

Orait....I have a reason to put on this title. Thought about this since yesterday but I was too lazy to get up and switch on my laptop. And actually I was thinking of putting the title as Terengganu Vs Sarawak, but then again, nah.....let me put it in another way round. Hahahaha....

Eh....before I continue my writing, first of all, I want to say, "My Kombucha!!! *cries* My Kombucha!!!!" Early morning when I get up I straight go to kitchen to check on my Kombucha, but mom already shifted the place, she put it inside a big jug and she even told me that the old water, she poured it inside the jug already. Wahhhhhhh!!!!! My Kombucha!!!!! That old Kombucha already ripe and the water can be used....and now mom brew a new one....which mean i have to wait for another 14 days before I can harvest it and use the water. *cries* See....this is what happen when never consult me. Haiz~ Nevermind then.....thing already happened...no point to be mad also....just accept the fact that I cannot use the water until for another 14 days. *cries*

Oh....okay....that's just another side topic, nothing to do with the title. Hahahaha.... Like this actually, yesterday I talked to sayang, and then I asked him few terms in Terengganu. Like what is that mean by 'Kemah'? And he told me Kemah = Bagus. Kemah Keming = Bagus Sangat.

Okay, I can remember that. Funny thing about Terengganu language, at the back of 'n' we can add 'g', for example Makan Ikan....it becomes Makang Ikang. Hahahahaha.....funny right? And then, yesterday sayang told me, Kemas, the pronunciation will become Kemah. So, i learn a new thing... 's' we can substitute it with 'h'. For example Ganas will become Ganah. Oh ya.....Lemas will become Lemah. Wahahahahahahaha.....hillarious..... Kemah doh tu.....kemah...kemah..... :p

But then, he told me, when he heard Iban language, everything he heard is like Ketiketiketik....it's like the inside forest sound. Wahahahaha......Just because sometimes I like to talk fast, to make it sounds hard to hear. :p

Here are some Iban Languages (the basic one):-
1. Nama berita nuan? (How are you?)
Answer : Manah / Enda berapa manah (Good / Not so good)
2. Sapa nama nuan? (What is your name?)
Answer : Nama aku ........ (My name is ........)
3. Udah makai nuan? (Have you eating, yet?)
Answer : Udah / Bedau @ Empai (Already / Not yet)
4. Udah mandi nuan? (Have you taking bath?)
Answer : Udah / Bedau @ Empai (Already / Not yet)
5. Kemaya nuan ka tinduk? (When do you want to sleep?)
Answer : Legi / Diatu / Empai ka tinduk (Later / Now / Still don't want to sleep yet)
6. Ka kini nuan? (Where do you want to go?)
Answer : Ka kia / Ka ke ....... / Nadai kini-kini (Want to go there / Want to go ......... / Not going anywhere)
7. Ka ngirup nuan? (Do you want to have a drink)
Answer : Tau ga / Enda ngawa @ Enda ibuh / Enggai (Sure can / It's okay / Don't want)

And this is Sarawak Language :
1. Apa berita kitak @ Apa khabar tek? (How are you?)
Answer : Bagus / Sik berapa bagus (Good / Not so good)
2. Sapa nama kitak? (What's your name?)
Answer : Nama kamek....... (My name is ......)
3. Dah makan kitak tek? (Have you eating, yet?)
Answer : Dah /Belum (Already / Not yet)
4. Dah mandi kitak tek? (Have you taking bath?)
Answer : Dah / Belum (Already / Not yet)
5. Bila kitak mok tido tok? (When do you want to sleep?)
Answer : Kinek tok / Kelak / Belum mok tido gik (Now / Later / Still don't want to sleep yet)
6. Mau pegi sine kitak? (Where do you want to go?)
Answer : Pegi sia / Mau pegi..... / Sik pegi sine-sine (Go there / Want to go ...... / Not going anywhere)
7. Mok minum kitak kah? (Do you want to have a drink)
Answer : Boleh juak / Sikda hal la @ Sik hal la / Sik mauk (Sure can / It's okay / Don't want)

And for Melanau language....i'm not really that expert in Melanau since grandpa past away, nobody speak Melanau with me anymore, so the knowledge just decay like that.
Temuk = Bath
Sai ngadan mo? (What's your name?)
Keman = Eat
Tutang anum = Drink water
Tudui = Sleep
Me' miak = Shameless
Badik ateng = Very stupid
Jah = One
Duah = Two
Telo = Three
Pat = Four
Limah = Five
Anem = Six
Tuju = Seven
Ayen = Eight
Ulan = Nine
Puluan = Ten



No comments:

Post a Comment